Harvard business review 2021 Predictions :
- A dramatic increase of environmental climate awareness and regulations implemented by the Biden administration in a big way
- Mental health awareness will be big moving forward out of this pandemic . The lasting effects from this lockdown ( financially and emotionally ) will be seen for years to come.
- The hopes of a much stronger appreciation for human on human interactions and activities that were deprived over this last year in pandemic
- A continued Divergence between industries as they decide which method this best for operating going forward from the pandemic
[ Ex. ]
Business : Some will adopt work for home conditions , some will decide it is best to work on site , and some may even make the decision to test out a hybrid method
- Schools / Universities : Some schools may do the same between on site work, completely virtual, or a hybrid of both.
- Medical : Will continue into the direction of Telehealth in a big way
[Harvard LNK – https://hbr.org/podcast/2020/12/a-year-end-mega-episode-our-predictions-for-2021 ]
WEF JOB PREDICTIONS OF FUTURE :
[ The Reskilling Revolution ]
COVID-19 has had a lasting effect
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the arrival of the future of work. The Future of Jobs Survey finds that 50% of employers will accelerate the automation of their work .
That means that some jobs that have been lost will never come back, and those that do will require new ways of working and new skills.
Automation continues to increase
The Future of Jobs Report projects that by 2025, the hours of work performed by machines and people will be equal. Around 85 million roles are set to be displaced by automation – primarily across manual or repetitive roles spanning both blue-collar and white-collar jobs – from assembly factory workers and accountants.
New jobs will emerge
[ The most in-demand skills are a mix of hard and soft skills ]
The most in-demand skills of the future will include working with people, problem-solving and self-management skills such as resilience, stress tolerance and flexibility. This increase in required self-management skills is clear as workers face a range of pressures to adapt to new, more digital ways of working. Product Management, Digital Marketing and Software Development Lifecycle are among the core set of specialized skills required for emerging professions. Reskilling for the roles of the future will require a time investment ranging from three weeks to five months.
Reskilling needs is very important , it is estimated at up to 40% of todays workers will require there skills to be updated in order to meet the demand required for the jobs of tomorrow .
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.